Who we are?
We are LazerMoney. You can visit the ‘Contact’ section of our website to find our contact details.
We respect your privacy rights and protect your Personal Information against unauthorised use or disclosure. We maintain stringent standards to make sure that your Personal Information and privacy is managed in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act.
Please read the following information carefully:
Personal Information means information about you and includes
- your name, date of birth, email and postal address,
- identification document information,
- employment record information,
- internet protocol address and location information from a mobile device, and
- Credit Information including information or an opinion:
- that has a bearing on your credit worthiness and is used or could be used in establishing your eligibility for consumer credit including your employment status, income and expenses
- Your transaction data,
- Information about the types of loans we have made to you, whether you have been refused credit, how much you have borrowed, your repayment history and whether or not you have met your loan payment obligations and
- information about you that is derived from credit reporting information that was disclosed by your or about you and has a bearing on your credit worthiness and is used or could be used in establishing your eligibility for consumer credit
We do not collect or store any Sensitive Information about you such as:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Membership of political associations, trade union
- Sexual orientation or criminal record
- Health information, genetic or biometric information
In certain cases, we collect your Personal Information from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, your bank, nominated representative (such as a legal or financial adviser), employer, or publicly available sources of information.
Use of Personal Information
Where your Personal Information is given to, collected or derived by us, we will seek to ensure that the information is used only for the purposes for which it was collected. Your Personal and Credit Information may be used:
- In the course of carrying on our business of providing consumer loans and in particular to offer you products or services, which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you,
- to verify your identity as required by the law,
- to assess your credit worthiness,
- in order to process transactions and payment between us,
- to enforce our rights under the Credit Contract
We collect from, use and share, information related to your consumer credit worthiness from the following Credit Reporting Bodies including an opinion about you each time you apply for a loan:
Illion, formerly Dun & Bradstreet (w: www.illion.com.au | e: firstname.lastname@example.org| t: 1300 734 806); and
Experian Australia Credit Services Pty Ltd (w: www.experian.com.au/order-credit-report | e: email@example.com | t: 1300 783 684 | a: GP0 Box 1969, North Sydney NSW 2060).
This activity is conducted for the purpose of assessing your credit capacity, eligibility, or history in connection with an application or an obligation as a guarantor, collecting payments from you, and managing our credit relationship.
Prior to disclosing any of your Personal or Credit Information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
- the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment, or
- you have consented to us making the disclosure when required to do so.
Where permitted by law and with your consent we may disclose or exchange your Personal or Credit Information for the following purposes:
- to another credit provider for the purpose of providing you with a Credit Contract,
- to alternate credit service providers such as credit file repair services, budgeting services and rental services,
- to anyone who represents you, such as financial consultants, accountants, lawyers and advisers,
- to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guarantees repayment of any credit provided to you,
- to ascertain your credit worthiness,
- to disclose any report or personal information about you in connection with funding financial accommodation by means of an arrangement involving securitisation, or any other proposed transfer or dealing of credit provided to you,
- to your employer, referees, listed contacts you have provided.
We may disclose Personal or Credit Information about you for the purpose of debt collection on our behalf. This information may include information relating to any court proceedings, default information or personal insolvency information about you.
We may disclose Personal or Credit Information about you to another entity or their professional financial advisor if we assign any debts owed by you to that entity or for the purpose of assessing whether to acquire an interest in our business or a related body corporate.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in order to administer our business, for example:
- communication, data information management and infrastructure suppliers
- printing and postal services, insurers,
- any of our associates, related entities, or contractors,
- to prospective funders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements, including information about your account, credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity. In particular, we may provide an “opinion” about you,
- to other organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance such as third-party suppliers,
We share access to your Personal and Credit information to service providers outside Australia so that they can provide support services to our customers. Specifically, some of our customer support services may be provided from the Philippines.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to comply with our obligations under any law or regulation, for example:
- to any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding the approval or management of your loan,
- to Commonwealth or State government agencies or regulatory bodies,
- under Anti-Money or Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
We may use your Personal Information:
- to provide you with information on our products and services and other marketing related correspondence,
- to offer you other products or services made available by other credit providers.
Marketing information will be provided on an ongoing basis by mail, email, text message, phone, social media, and other electronic means where applicable.
You can withdraw your consent for the sharing of your Personal Information with other credit providers and alternate credit providers by sending us a request through our contact page.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from other credit providers you can contact that organisation directly or use the opt out facility on the message you received.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from LazerMoney you can contact us directly or use the opt out facility on the message you received.
Storage & Security
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference or loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
We may use cloud storage to store the Personal Information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside Australia.
We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Although we take stringent measures to protect customer information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Third Party Sites
Where you access a third-party website from the LazerMoney website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party. Generally, these websites are accessed in order to obtain bank statement information that we are required to collect during the application and assessment process.
Third Party websites should contain their own privacy statements and those third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number);
- to determine if you have previously visited the website;
- to track and report on website and online campaign performance;
- to identify other pages or third parties’ websites you have accessed; and
- for fraud detection and security purposes
If you wish, you can generally configure your browser so that it does not receive cookies, however this means you will be unable to use secure services that require cookies in order to participate. Some of those services include (but are not limited to) our online application and some member features.
Access and Complaints
We are required to provide you with access to your information, except in circumstances where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life, health, or privacy of any individual the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision-making process
- it is considered a frivolous or vexatious request, or access would be unlawful or prohibited by authorities.
Please visit our contact page for our details if you wish to:
- request access to your information
- seek correction of your information, or
- make a complaint to us about privacy matters.
Complaints regarding privacy matters will be handled under our complaints procedure. Information about the procedure and how to make a complaint is available on this website.
Changes to this policy
We will review this Policy in response to any changes in:
- our legal obligations with respect to privacy;
- our legal obligations with respect to anti-hawking;
- the conditions of our Australian Credit License; or
- changes in our business or the way it is managed.